The Law Awards Programme
If you are thinking of pursuing a career in law then the Law Mentor Awards Programme is a fantastic starting place. In order to join the Awards Programme, you must register online here. There is a £50 one-off sign-up fee which will span all 3 awards. Once you have registered, you will be emailed your Starter Pack, You will be sent your Bronze, Silver and Gold certificates when you complete each award.
Over the next year or so, you can work through the Awards categories at your own pace and your Mentor will guide you. They will also sign you off, once you have completed each stage and award you with a pass, merit or distinction.
You will also be required to upload your certificates, references and evidence for each section to your Law Mentor Student Portal account which will be set ups for you after you are registered.
Please note that you have a 14 day cooling off period in which to change your mind and receive a full refund. Following this, refunds will not be possible. Thank you.
For each level of Award (Bronze, Silver or Gold), there are essential criteria that must be fulfilled in order to attain that level of the award. The awards criteria match the often vaguely outlined ‘non-academic requirements’ that law school admissions expect law applicants to complete.
Law Mentor provides a selection of Approved Activities to assist your completion of the Awards criteria. Although approved Activities are a gold standard of quality in terms of maximising the student’s learning outcomes and skills development, it is not an exhaustive list and you can use opportunities outside of the Approved Activity recommendations.
What Will You Learn?
- What are the benefits of the Awards Programme?
- In summary, every law school applicant should be enrolled onto the Law Awards Programme because:
- 1. It clarifies the ‘essential non-academic entry requirements’ set by law schools.
- 2. It makes the process more fun and enjoyable.
- 3. It encourages you to keep track of all of your evidence, to make it easier to submit to law schools when they ask for it.
- 4. It gives you a national law award to put on your CV, recognising your incredible extra and para-curricular achievements.
- 5. A chance to become an official member of the Law Mentor Family!
The Awards Criteria
1. Application Knowledge03:44
3. School Societies02:29
4. Commitment to Extracurricular Activities02:45
5. Developing Skills Relevant to Law03:55
6. Presentation Skills02:26
7. Work/Volunteering Experience03:45
9. Leadership Linked to Law01:59
10. Developing Independence02:58