In summary, every medical school applicant should be enrolled onto the Medical Awards Programme because:
1. It clarifies the ‘essential non-academic entry requirements’ set by medical schools.
2. It gives you access to Mentors for 2 hours every Friday from 3-5pm via Zoom. That is over 100 hours of mentoring by doctors in a year!
3. It makes the process more fun and enjoyable.
4. It encourages you to keep track of all of your evidence, to make it easier to submit to medical schools when they ask for it.
5. It Gives you a national medical award to put on your CV, recognising your incredible extra and para-curricular achievements.
6. It Gives you a chance to be considered for the only national medical scholarship programme that secondary school students can apply for.
7. A chance to become an official member of the Medic Mentor Family!